ACTIVITIES IN LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON
The Hérault is one of the jewels of the Languedoc-Roussillon.
Make the most of your stay at Les Sablines campsite in Vendres-Plage to discover the warm atmosphere, activities, and natural landscapes of one of the most beautiful regions of France.
THE NATURAL WONDERS OF THE LANGUEDOC
Located in the department of Hérault, Vendres-Plage is a major tourist attraction. This small village on the Occitan coast offers holidaymakers an unspoilt natural environment. From the Les Sablines campsite, you can reach the beach of Les Montilles quickly on foot. It has been awarded the “Blue Flag” label and invites you to relax, swim, and enjoy water sports.
The location of the camping village makes it a great starting point for the most beautiful walks in Occitania. With its 215 km of coastline and 45,000 hectares of ponds and lagoons, Occitania has unparalleled natural diversity. The Canal du Midi, the Hérault gorges, the Thau Basin, the Grotte des Demoiselles in Saint-Bauzille-de-Putois, the Cirques de Mourèze, the Vendres and Vic ponds, and the Narbonnaise Regional Natural Park are all possible options if you want to hike and explore. You can also explore the Haut Languedoc Regional Nature Park and the Bagnas National Nature Reserve with friends or family.
Occitania boasts rich and varied gastronomy. In July and August, there is a wonderful market selling local produce, right next to our campsite. Every other day, you will find gastronomic products and crafts presented by 350 stall holders.
CULTURE IN LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON
Bordered by Spain, the Pyrenees, and the Mediterranean, Occitania is a region full of surprises. All along its coast, towns and villages bear witness to the region’s cultural diversity. As a veritable crossroads of civilisations, the region is home to a wide range of traditions, cultures, and architecture. Among the most beautiful departments in the region, the Hérault attracts travellers from all over the world.
During your stay at the Les Sablines campsite, you will visit all the must-see sights in Occitania. On foot, by bike, on horseback, or by car, you will move from discovery to discovery. In Vendres, you can marvel at the temple of Venus. In Béziers, the cathedral of Saint-Nazaire, the Canal du Midi flight lock, and the bullring will enchant young and old alike. Take a step back in time with a visit to the medieval city of Carcassonne. The “horrea”, underground galleries that are the only of their kind in Europe, the Saint Just-et-Saint-Pasteur cathedral, and the Archbishop’s Palace of Narbonne are guaranteed to make an impression. The coastal towns are also full of exceptional heritage. Make the most of your holiday in the sunny south to discover Sète, with its Espace Georges Brassens museum and the Languedoc-Roussillon Regional Centre for Contemporary Art. After sampling a few “tielles”, the speciality of Sète, head to Agde to admire the famous Saint-Etienne cathedral.
PARTNERS OF THE LES SABLINES CAMPSITE
As soon as you enter the Les Sablines campsite, you can indulge in moments of pure joy, thanks to our partners. You will discover unsuspected facets of Occitania.
- Jet rando 34 offers a wide range of services. Jet skiing, parasailing, ski tubing, and motorboat trips are available on a 500 m2 pond.
- In Valras-Plage, Nico plongée invites you to try out photo diving, treasure hunt diving, night diving, or traditional diving. Young and old alike can also take part in comprehensive diving courses.
- At Ranch L, both beginners and experienced riders can discover the most beautiful landscapes of the Occitan coast during a horseback ride.
- Between Valras-plage and Sérigan, discover Sun Karting for the chance to put your driving skills to the test !
- Located in Vendres Plage, discover Kolondia Park, one of the largest outdoor inflatable playgrounds.
- Enjoy the thrill of La Yole Adventure Park, 17 zip lines, treasure hunts, fun activities…
ORIGINAL ACTIVITIES FOR ALL THE FAMILY
Do you dream of discovering Occitania in an original way?
In Vendres and the surrounding towns, let yourself be enticed by the many unusual activities. Adults and children can take to the skies at Valras-Plage.
Equipped with a harness, they can make their way from tree to tree with the treetop adventure courses. Thrill-seekers can explore the region’s trails on quad bikes.
Activities close to the campsite:
- Water skiing 1 km away
- Sailing and windsurfing 5 km away
- Diving 5 km away
- Inflatable games 800 m away
- Paintball 800 m away
- Fishing 5 km away
- Equestrian centre 300 m away
- Tennis 5 km away
- Treetop adventure course 700 m away
CULTURAL EVENTS IN LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON
A land of culture, Occitania vibrates to the rhythm of festivals.
Throughout the year, the traditions of the region are celebrated at numerous cultural events.
Take advantage of your stay in Vendres to discover the local folklore.
Must-see events in Occitania include:
- the water jousting tournaments in Sète and Béziers between June and September ;
- the historical parades, knights’ camps, medieval markets, street performances, and chivalric tournaments of the medieval festival of Saint-Louis in Aigues-Morte in August ;
- the largest gathering of old boats on the Mediterranean coast at Les Escales de Sète at the end of April ;
- the exceptional programme of the Les Déferlantes international music festival at the Château d’Aubiry in July ;
- the exhibitions, concerts, and events of the Festival de la Galline at the foot of the Dôme in Port-Vendres in July.
CHECK OUT THE LES SABLINES WATER PARK